Welcome to the 5th edition of HackZurich!
Founded in 2014, HackZurich has grown to one of the largest and most renowned hackathons in Europe within a short period of time. Being in the middle of Europe, close to world-leading universities such as ETH Zurich or EPFL and close to headquarters of large international tech-companies, HackZurich is characterized by an extraordinarily high quality of participants and a variety of national and international partners.
You can find more information on www.hackzurich.com
If you applied to HackZurich 2018, received an offer to attend and went on to confirm that you will do so, you are eligible to attend HackZurich. If you attended and hacked at HackZurich, then you are eligible to make a submission. Please register within the corresponding period on www.hackzurich.com.
Participants must be 18 years or older. All nationalities, ethnicities and gender are welcome to participate.
- Please fill out this form: www.hackzurich.com/submission. Your project won't be evaluated without filling this form!
- Please do upload all of your information and material to devpost.
- Please make sure to tag the corresponding workshop you worked with in order to be eligible for the sponsor prizes / awards.
- Please make sure to not miss the interview slot you have been assigned to (see www.hackzurich.com/interview).
How to enter
- Please do assign every team member to the corresponding team.
- Please select for which sponsor prize you are going in order to get considered for the evaluation.
- Submit all the information and material of your prototype to Devpost.
- Please fill out this form: www.hackzurich.com/submission
- Attend the jury interviews.
- Wait for judging and results.
Co-Founder Red or Blue Labs and busuu.com
Geo Quality Eng Lead, Google
Partner at Wingman AG, Co-Founder and former COO GetYourGuide AG, former Industry Manager Google and CTI Coach
CEO/CTO Kingfluencers, Ex Bitspin (exit to Google)
CEO SENDTASK.IO & Founder Tenderloin Ventures
VP Engineering, CIO and co-founder
CTO & Co-Founder Beekeeper
Chief Technology Officer Autoricardo
Product Development Team Lead Teralytics
How creative or innovative is the idea behind the prototype?
How relevant is the prototype's use case to a real market or business problem? Can it be sold effectively?
User Interface & User Experience
Is the overall user experience intuitive? Does the flow make sense?
Technical Strength & Sophistication
How sophisticated is the application? Is a source code repository being used? Is there documentation? Are appropriate services and infrastructure being used (e.g. cloud computing, databases)?
Does it actually work? How complete is the product? Could the prototype scale as a real solution with multiple users?
Was the team able to explain their idea and what the prototype actually did? Did the presentation and demo show how their hack has fulfilled the judging criteria? Did the team communicate the essence of why they did what they did and why it was important?